For those who wish to use Azure AD to authenticate with the native Content Manager client here are the steps.
In Azure AD create a native application, the Redirect URI must be urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob
In App Registrations select Endpoints and take note of the following two endpoints for later:
- OAuth 2.0 Token Endpoint, and
- OAuth 2.0 Authorization Endpoint
In CM Enterprise Studio select your database and from the context menu choose Authentication, then go to the ADFS / Azure tab. In this tab set:
- Authorize Endpoint URL to OAuth 2.0 Authorization Endpoint
- Token Endpoint URL to OAuth 2.0 Token Endpoint
- Client Id to the Application ID (in the Azure AD application you created)
- Relying Party Trust also set to the Application ID
If you press Test Authenticate you should be able to authenticate as one of the users in Azure AD.