Event processor add-in?
The HPRM workgroup server processes a variety of scheduled events, such as word indexing and notifications. It is possible for you to create your own custom add-ins to be triggered by one of the many record (or other object) events. I have written an intro to HPRM SDK programming in a previous post.
This is a video of me creating a simple event processor add-in.
Basic debugging tips
It can be difficult to work out why a program like an event processor add-in is not working. These are some of the strategies I use:
- write log entries from your code to verify where (or whether) your code us running,
- use the debugger to verify that you are at least getting to the first line of your code,
- start again, write the simplest possible add-in (like the one above) and bit by bit build your code up again until you work out where it is going wrong,
- double check you are using the correct version of the HPRM SDK, and
- don't forget to use the 'Test' button in HPRM Enterprise studio.
If you have any other tips please put them in the comments below.